Can you imagine a life without pets? Our pets bring us so much joy and enrichment. Life wouldn't be quite the same without them. Although pets quickly become cherished members of the family, they ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Big Red Barn Help a Pet Fund
Our hospitals spend tens of thousands of dollars every year on pets in need, as well as partnering with rescue groups and organizations to provide reduced cost services. Plum Creek created the CARE Fund in partnership with the Veterinary Care Foundation, a 501(c)3 charitable organization, in order to expand our efforts to help pets in need. Since the foundation’s operating expenses are funded through Plum Creek’s membership dues, 100% of every dollar donated to Plum Creek’s Help a Pet Fund is used to treat sick or injured animals.
How the Funds are Used:
The Big Red Barn Help a Pet Fund is made available to pets being treated at both our locations.
Our Big Red Barn Help a Pet Fund donations are generally restricted to the following:
• Funding for Good Samaritan cases
• Care for police/fire and service animals
• Funding for abandoned pets
• Assistance for pet owner’s in financial crisis
• Emergency and medical care for lost or injured pets
• Care for pets harmed or displaced by natural disasters
• Financial assistance for special needs pets and owners
• Support local and regional animal rescue organizations
• Provide free/low cost spay/neuter clinics
Funding recipients must have a treatment plan and estimate from Plum Creek or PetVet Express and demonstrate that all other payment options have been exhausted including:
• Personal finances (credit cards and care credit)
• Donations from family and friends
• Additional fundraising efforts
Do you CARE?
When you make a donation to the Big Red Barn Help a Pet Fund, 100% of your tax-deductible gift will support the care of pets in need. To reach out and help please donate through our secure on-line process.